Tuesday, May 22

the scent of lilacs

it is tuesday mid morning, after this mornings chores i find myself sitting on the chaise watching, well more like listening to i will meet you in st-louis one of the many movies k picked up for me at the library on his last visit, other's include dancing in the rain, paris when it sizzles and more such as these, he knows me well. i like having familiar voices in the background to my quiet living,  a bit of last week and the weekend i took care of my friends farm, she has seven horses ( i was saying nine till i counted:) i loved doing it, rising before the sun and driving down the dirt road and knowing that they and other animals counted on me. in the afternoon i would let them out into an orchard, how wonderful to open that gate as they gallop and disappear between the trees.  at sunset having them wait for me at that same gate as dusk settles in.

we have had such a mix of rain and non rain:). while i did chores the sweet smell of lilacs were in the air  how i love them so,  i decided to bring some in. It will rain they say for the next nine days, what a rainy spring. my garden has barely seen the sun and i can't help to think about farmers who are struggling but  as you know am grateful for all of it.

I have been caught in deep churning thoughts that have left my gut a little sore, but i know that good things i will come of it, dear friends good things will come of it right?


28 comments:

kimberly said...

Absolutely great things mon amie. Some things take more time than others...
Swooning at your images of my favorite spring blossoms~
xx

kimberly said...

Absolutely great things mon amie. Some things take more time than others...
Swooning at your images of my favorite spring blossoms~
xx

YONKS said...

Just found you today and so admire your beautiful photos. They are so good I can almost smell them!
Di

cocopuff1212 said...

The lilac-purple color is my favorite color in the entire universe. I think heaven is purple.

Jane Flanagan said...

Yes, good things will come of it. And, in the meantime, there are lilacs to soothe your dreams.

Anonymous said...

I love the calm I can almost breath when I come to read your posts. I love and admire your ability to make the things appear so simply, but always full of meaning and poetry.

Maia said...

What a delightful collection of movies! The deep blue of those lilacs is so lovely. Ours are already done for the season.

Vibeke said...

yes dear, good things WILL come of it! your posts are always food for my soul and feast for my eye,
thank you for adding so much beauty to my life!!

xx

Catherine said...

Yes, I have to remind myself that the rain is a life source for the trees and flowers we all so love (like your gorgeous lilacs) ... but always, always the sun remains. Even when we can't see it, it is shining beyond the clouds...

Juliana said...

Yes, many good things will come. Beautiful lilacs- such a messenger of Spring!

Anonymous said...

good night, too late.
these photos are very real. Thank you.

Anonymous said...

I'm deep in some heavy thoughts too but coming here always calms me and helps me keep my eye on where it is I'm destined to be. Definately, good things will come....

Enjoy the lilacs and the horses and the quiet ~
Sarah

Unknown said...

I love the scent of lilac beautiful pictures with that light!

Mary said...

Of course they will.

I love the dark quiet in these gorgeous pictures. Lilacs are my favorite. Gorgeous.

Clarice said...

Such beautiful colors and light. Thank you.

Sweet Life Farm said...

I promise. As surely as the lilacs unfurl from a tight bud and bear their sweet fragrance, so will you. As in these absolutely gorgeous photos, there is weight and darkness and from your window streams in light and new life. Take good care and know you are cherished!

Ashley Moore said...

Yes, good things will come. *hugs*
These photos are beautiful. Way up north here the lilacs haven't bloomed yet, but I can see their tiny buds beginning to form and I look forward eagerly to their sweet smell.

CorinneLouise said...

Good things are already unfurling for you and all creation on Earth.
It rains a lot here in France this spring as well and the garden is lush with green all over. The vegetable patch miss the sun though, all is going to be allright.

sarah-jane down the lane said...

Good things? Yes...they will come, I am sure of it. Lilacs here too and buttercups and the first hint at early summer heat...
Sarah -x-

Debie Grace said...

Of course, good things will come. Don't worry much :)

Louise said...

It ebbs and flows.

Deb said...

Good things are sometimes hidden, out of sight. Similar to taking a photograph it depends on our view.

bigBANG studio said...

Oh dear one I'm just catching up around here and I can SMELL those lilacs from over here! Hope your soul gets some rest after all that musing. Enjoy the cooler weather this week. xo

Deb said...

I love the Lilac. Ours are spent now ~ I wish they lasted longer.
Your blog is absolutely gorgeous ♥

Cannelle Et Vanille said...

ah the windowsill... looks even more beautiful with those lilacs on it. great things lie ahead my friend!

onesilentwinter said...

thank you all so much! i have taken some lilacs and put them in a zip lock bag too see if the the scent will be there when i pull it out on a gray winters day!

Lucia said...

I can smell them: lilacs remind me of silk skirts and hugs.

sweet harvest moon said...

Lilac is my absolute favorite!